Canicalm Excel Anti-Barking Dog Collar
The Canicalm Excel Dog Bark Collar is by far one of the most versatile bark collar out there, with its 4 levels of correction you can be sure that your dog will respond to the collars stimulation not to mention the adjustable vibration receiver that will allow you to program the collar on when to give a stimulation to your dog.
The Canicalm Excel Bark Collar will give you peace of mind if your dog dunks the collar in the water bowl or plays in the rain because this collar is completely waterproof. This collar will definetely give you the correct approach on how to control your dogs bark the way you want it to be.
The Canicalm Excel Bark Collar Features
- • 4 modes of stimulation to suit your dog's behavior
- • Safety mode for your dog's protection
- • Battery Condition can be checked in 3 ways
- • Adjustable sensitivity of the contact point for customized training
- • 17 - 55 cm neck strap to achieve a comfortable fit for your dog
- • 60 x35 x 37 mm Canicalm Excel unit size
- • Completely Waterproof Housing
- • 2 Year Warranty from Manufacturer
What's in the Canicalm Excel package?
- • Canicalm Excel Smart Bark Collar
- • Adjustable Blue Neck Strap
- • Li-Ion Battery ( 3-V CR2 )
- • Magnetic Switch Key
- • Testing Lamp
- • Long and Short contact posts to suit your dogs hair length
- • Owners Guide
Canicalm Excel Dog Bark Collar Details
4 Stimulation Modes for Effective Training
The Canicalm Excel has 4 modes of stimulation including Beep only to Beep + low stimulation for sensitive dogs, Beep + progressive stimulation , Beep + difficult dog stimulation. You can switch modes to suit the personality of your dog and get faster and long lasting results.
Choose What Bark to Correct
This feature will surely make your training personalized to your needs because of the adjustable sensitivity of the vibration from the contact point from 0-10 you can choose when to give the correction. This way your dog would know when to bark and when to ignore things that would let him bark before.
Safety Shutdown Ensures No Over Correction
Safety mode will activate if collar is activated for 5 quick successions, Safety mode will be for 2mins and the indicator light will flash twice every 4 seconds before the unit restarts by itself.
Comfortable Fit with Adjustable Neck Strap
With 17 - 55 cm the neck strap will provide the necessary fit for the collar to be effective and also make the dog comfortable.
Pin Point Location of Collar for Accurate Correction
The size of the collar will let you place the collar on the vocal cords for the training to be accurate so the dog will learn quickly.
Waterproof Means Worryproof
Engineered to be waterproof, this collar really stands out because you dont have to worry if your dog suddenly jumps into the pool or plays with the water hose.
Battery Status can be Checked in 3 Different Ways
You don't have to guess if your battery is running low. This collar is made for you to check the battery life in 3 ways such as:
When Switching On the Collar
5 beep sounds + indicator light flashes in red 5 times (Instead of 1 beep sound + 1 flash) = Weak battery
When the Collar is On
Indicator light flashes in red 5 times every 5 seconds (instead of 1 time every 5 seconds) = Weak battery
When Switching Off the Collar
5 beep sounds + indicator light flashes in red 5 times (instead of 3 beep sounds + permanent red) then the collar goes out = Weak battery
Canicalm Excel Anti-Barking Dog Collar Fact Sheet
4 Levels of Correction Modes
Bark Detection Sensitivity
Complete Waterproof Case
Your Dog’s Bark Activation – Vibration
4 PROGRESSIVE STIMULATION MODES
Depending on the level of training, the Canicalm Excel Dog Bark Collar may be adjusted to the level of temperament of your dog. It uses beep and static stimulations for efficient training. There are 4 levels of modes to select in minimizing the nagging barks of your pets. Choose from, Beep sounds only, Beep sounds + Light stimulations for your sensitive dogs, Beep sounds + Progressive stimulation or Beep sounds + Strong Stimulation for difficult dogs.
0-10 BARK DETECTION SENSITIVITY
It detects and activates the stimulation from your dog’s vocal cord vibration depending on what level you had put the sensitivity on the collar. You can adjust the level of bark detection sensitivity from 0 to 10 specifically on the how light or strong your dogs bark.
WORRY-FREE BECAUSE IT’S WATER-FREE
Perfectly made for outdoor activities like going out for swimming and even sudden heavy rains. You can be assured that the Num’axes Canicalm Excel Dog Bark collar will be safe and fully functional even submerged in water.
SAFE MODE AUTO RESTART
We value and protect the wellness of your dogs. That is why, this Canicalm Excel will shut down for 2 minutes and a light indicator will flash twice every 4 seconds before restarting by itself if the collar gets activated for 5 times in quick succession for secured training for your pet.
3 WAY BATTERY CONDITION MONITORING FUNCTION
The Canicalm Excel Dog Bark Collar is powered with 3-V CR2 Li-Ion Battery. You can monitor the battery needs replacement by switching on the collar, 5 beeping sounds + light indicator flashing in red. Also while the collar is on, the light indicator flashes in red 5 times in every 5 seconds. Lastly, when you are turning off the collar, 5 beep sounds + light indicator flashes in red 5 times.
PERFECT FIT ADJUSTABLE STRAP
Canicalm Excel Anti Bark Collar has adjustable and washable strap that comfortably fits for your dogs. It has of 68cm and width of 18.5mm that is snug fit for the neck sizes from 17cm to 55cm that is safe to use in training your dog.
MANUFACTURER’S 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Num’axes covered the Canicalm Excel Dog Bark Collar for 2 years as a guarantee that this product would be the best for your pets.
Canicalm Excel Anti-Barking Dog Collar Manual
To obtain desired results:
The owner must be involved in the facilitation of the product.
Never leave your dog with the collar unless he is already comfortable wearing it.
Observe your pet during the first days’ use.
Let the collar do its work. Don’t interfere even if you dog is barking. Any interference can be taken as a sign of consideration. Thus, it will encourage misbehavior.
As soon as the dog already adjusted with the device and stops barking, validate the good deed by food or praise. This will encourage cooperation and develop trust.
You should know that excessive barking can be a sign of some behavioral problems and the bark limiter collar will help you resolve that.
- CANICALM Excel collar fitted with short contact points
- Lithium 3-V CR2 battery
- magnetic key
- neon test lamp
- pair of long contact points
- this user’s guide
How to Insert the Battery
Proceed as follows:
- Using a coin, unscrew the battery cover
- Insert the battery. Read and attention to follow polarity indicated under the collar (see Diagram 2).
- Retighten the battery cover using a coin. After that, a beep sound will be produced indicating the battery is correctly installed. Remove the battery immediately from its housing if you do not hear any beep sound when retightening the battery cover,. Check the polarity before trying again.
Turning the device ON/OFF
ON: Move the magnetic key towards the collar until it comes contact with the red mark. Hold for 1 second (See Diagram 3). A beep sound will be produced and the indicator light will flash in red (1 flash every 5 seconds) indicating that the collar has been switched on.
OFF: Move the magnetic key towards the collar until it comes into contact with the red
mark. Hold for 1 second (See Diagram 3). Three beep sounds will be produced and the indicator
light will go from flashing red to permanent red and then off indicating the collar has been
Turn the collar off when your dog is not using it to increase the battery life longer.
- The collar remains on standby for 30 seconds to allow you time to fix the collar on your dog After the main activation, a beep sound will be produced at the first bark.
- Another beep sound will be produced together with a static stimulation (light, progressive or strong stimulation according to the selected operating mode) when another bark is detected within 30 seconds.
- Inhibition of any further stimulation is dependent on the absence of any barking within the next 30 seconds.
- The collar will start its operating cycle from the beginning (beep sounds only) as soon as your dog stops barking during 30 seconds.
- The stimulation function can be inhibited selecting operating mode Nr 1. In this case, only beep sounds will be produced.
The collar will automatically go into safety mode for 2 minutes (the indicator light flashes twice every 4 seconds after being activated 5 times in quick succession) before restarting itself normally. .
Changing operating modes
Initially (in the factory), the collar is set to mode Nr 2 (beep sound + light stimulation for sensitive dog). To change the collar’s mode, follow the instructions below:
- Keep the magnetic key in contact with the red mark located on the front when switching on the collar (See Diagram 3).
- Series of beep sounds together with indicator light flashes is produced (from 1 to 4) indicating the selected mode the collar is on.
Keep the magnetic key in contact with the red mark to run through modes.
Remove the magnetic key when you have reached the mode you wish. The collar will memorize your selected mode.
- Your collar will be turned on to the last mode you previously selected the next time you turn your device on
The chart below indicates how your collar operates according to the mode you have selected:
Number of beep sounds together with indicator light flashes emitted when switching mode
Beep sounds only
Beep sound + light stimulation (sensitive dog)
Beep sound + progressive stimulation
Beep sound + strong stimulation (difficult dog)
Barking Detection Sensitivity
Setting the barking detection sensitivity is a very important preliminary operation. In fact, this setting determines the precise operation of the product. It helps avoid unnecessary detection any barking and ensures to collect only essential data. The detection must therefore be sufficiently sensitive but not overly sensitive. Your dog’s barking is detected by one of the contact points which sense the vibrations of his vocal cords (See Diagram 1).
In the factory, detection sensitivity is set on level 5 (medium sensitivity). To adapt the detection sensitivity to the barking strength of your dog, turn the button located on the front of the collar according to the sensitivity you wish (See Diagram 1).
CAUTION: the adjustment button has a stop for the minimum sensitivity (0) and for the maximum sensitivity (10).
Level 0 = minimum barking detection sensitivity (only strong barks will be detected and activate the product)
Level 10 = maximum barking detection sensitivity (light barks will activate the product)
How to check and replace the battery
The battery condition is checked in 3 distinct occasions:
- when switching the collar On:
5 beep sounds + indicator light flashes in red 5 times (instead of 1 beep sound + 1 flash) = weak battery
- when the collar is On:
indicator light flashes in red 5 times every 5 seconds (instead of 1 time every 5 seconds) = weak battery
- when switching Off the collar:
5 beep sounds + indicator light flashes in red 5 times (instead of 3 beep sounds + permanent red)
then the collar goes out = weak battery
Replace the battery when it’s is too weak. The product switches to safety mode and the system locks up.
It is advisable to use the same type and same brand of batteries as those supplied in your new purchased product. Other brands of batteries may not operate, or may not be completely compatible with your product.
You can purchase the suitable batteries from NUM’AXES or from you distributor.
Replace the battery as follows:
- Unscrew the battery cover using a coin.
- Remove the old battery.
- Insert the new battery (Lithium 3-V CR2) paying attention to follow polarity indicated on the collar
- Retighten the battery cover using a coin. A beep sound is produced indicating the correct installation of the battery. If you do not hear any beep sound when retightening the battery cover, remove the battery immediately from its housing. Check the polarity before trying again.
NOTE : When changing the battery, there can remain some power in your collar. In that case, the collar does not produce any beep sound when you retighten the battery cover after inserting the battery. To make sure it operates correctly and that the battery is correctly installed, turn your collar on with the magnetic key.
After changing the battery, next time you will switch on the collar, it will be in the last selected operating mode.
Due to greater use during your dog’s training, the first battery may not last as long as replacement batteries.
Changing the contact points
Two different series of contact points are supplied. The length of the contact points must be sufficient to have proper contact with the dog’s skin. It enables the device to operate properly (proper barking detection and correct transmission of the stimulations).
If you have a long-haired dog and the short contact points fitted to the collar in the factory are inadequate, remove and replace them with the long ones supplied with the kit.
Carefully tighten them manually (do not use a key).
To ensure device is operating properly
You can check that your collar is functioning properly at any time by following these procedure:
- Make sure the collar is turned Off (indicator light off).
- Fix each wire of the neon test lamp under each contact point (unscrewing them lightly and retightening them so as to pinch the test lamp wires under the contact points).
- Turn On the collar with the magnetic key (Warning : after being activated, the collar remains in stand-by for 30 seconds).
- Make a streaked object (ex. knife with teeth and isolated sleeve) slide on the bark detection contact point (ref. Diagram 1). Modify the barking detection sensitivity if it’s necessary.
- The collar should emit beep sounds and the test lamp should light (on operating mode Nr 1, the test lamp will not light - mode Nr 1 is the «beep sound only» mode).
- Before disconnecting the test lamp, make sure the collar is turned Off (indicator light off).
Adjusting the Collar
Collar adjustment is essential. This setting determines the proper barking detection and the correct transmission of the stimulations.
To come right contact with the dog’s skin, the strap should be adjusted to the contact points. When it’s too lose, the collar will not function correctly. If the collar is too tight, it will cause breathing problems. Thus, collar’s repeated friction can irritate your dog’s skin.
The strap is properly adjusted when you can insert two fingers between the strap and your dog’s neck. If necessary, replace the short contact points with the long ones supplied with the kit (ref. § Changing the contact points).
- The CANICALM Excel collar is waterproof.
- Your dog should not wear a tag, metallic collar, or any other collar together with the bark limiter collar to avoid unintentional triggering.
- Keep the collar off in places exposed to high temperatures.
- If you are not using it for 3 months or more, remove the battery from the collar.
- Leakage could damage the product so do not leave a discharged battery in the collar.