Ultrasonic Indoor Bark Control Unit
The new Ultrasonic Indoor Bark Control by PetSafe has a new face and now comes in a twin pack so you can cover more than 1 room at the same time. The new design allows you to place adhesive strips on the back and attach the unit wherever it is convenient for you.
It uses a safe but annoying ultrasonic sound which only dogs can hear to deter your dog from barking excessively. It detects the sound of your dog’s bark with the built-in microphone with a detection range of up to 8 metres and is powered by CR2032 button batteries that may last up to 2 months of Ultrasonic Bark Control.
Reasons to get the PetSafe Indoor Bark Control Unit
- • Suitable for All Barking Dogs
- • Uses Ultrasonic Sound to Deter Nuisance Barking
- • Detects Nuisance Barking and Automatically Activates
- • Now a Twin Pack for Increased Coverage
- • New Free-Standing or Attachable Design
- • Range of up to 8 Metres
- • Sound Activated – Microphone Detects Dog’s Barks
- • Weather Resistant Design
- • Uses 3V Lithium CR2032 Button Batteries
- • 2 Colour LED Status Indicator
What’s in the Indoor Bark Unit Box?
- • 2x PetSafe Ultrasonic Indoor Bark Control Unit
- • 2x Adhesive Mounting Strips
- • 4x 3V Lithum CR2032 Button Batteries
- • Step by Step Training Guide
- • Owner’s Manual
PetSafe Ultrasonic Indoor Bark Control Detailed Features
Uses Ultrasonic Sound to Deter Nuisance Barking for All Dogs
The PetSafe Indoor Bark Control uses Ultrasonic Sound to deter most dogs from barking unnecessarily. Some dogs may be desensitized by the ultrasonic sound after some time so it is recommended to periodically turn it off for a few days.
Sound Activated – Microphone Detects Dog’s Barks for up to 8 Metres
The built in microphone detects excessive barking from your dog for up to 8 metres and automatically activates the ultrasonic sound to deter your dog from barking unnecessarily.
Now Comes in a Twin Pack for Increased Indoor Bark Control Coverage
The PetSafe Indoor Bark Control now has a new design. It is now smaller with a sleeker design and now comes in pairs so you can have multi-room coverage and better train your dog to reduce nuisance barking indoors.
New Design for Better Positioning
The new design allows you to place the unit on table tops o anywhere else free-standing. The box also comes with 2 adhesive strips so you can attach the unit on to the door, the window, etc.
Weather Resistant Stationary Bark Control Design – Not Waterproof
The PetSafe Ultrasonic Bark Control Unit is weatherproof but not waterproof and so it should not be immersed in water. However if water does enter into the microphone and disrupts the operation, the microphone may work again after it is dried off.
Battery Operated Indoor Bark Control Device
Each unit is powered by 2 3v button batteries to properly function. On average, the batteries will last up to 2 months of use depending on how often your dog barks. It is also normal that the first batteries you use won’t last as long as replacement batteries due to your dog’s learning process.
Indoor Bark Control with 2 Colour LED Status Light
The LED Status indicator beside the speaker will flash green to tell you that it has been turned on and will keep flashing green every 5 seconds. It will glow red whenever it is emitting the ultrasonic tone and will flash red 3 times every 5 seconds when the batteries are low.
Levels Of Correction
PetSafe Ultrasonic Indoor Bark Control Fact Sheet
New Design & Twin Pack
Safe and Effective for All Dogs
With Adhesive Strips for Mounting Anywhere
Automatic Activation up to 8m Away
ULTRASONIC SOUND DETERRENCE – SAFE FOR ALL DOGS
The new PetSafe Ultrasonic Indoor Bark Control Unit uses high pitched ultrasonic sound to deter your dog from barking. The sound is safe and annoying and can only be heard by dogs.
MICROPHONE BUILT-IN – SOUND ACTIVATED FOR UP TO 8M
The build in microphone beside the speaker picks up your dog’s bark up to 8 metres away. It then automatically activates and should slowly train your dog to stop or reduce unnecessary barking inside the house.
NOW COMES IN PAIRS FOR MULTI-ROOM COVERAGE
The new PetSafe Indoor Bark Control now comes in a twin pack so you can cover more than one room simultaneously.
NEW SLEEKER DESIGN FOR EASY MOUNTING
The new smaller and sleeker design is perfect for mounting anywhere. The box comes with 2 adhesive strips so you can stick the units on places where it’s less of a nuisance such as the door or on the window.
WEATHER RESISTANT CASING
Since the unit is designed to be used indoors, it is not advisable to immerse the unit in water. It’s weather resistant so splashes of water can be dried off instantly but internal damage may occur of water finds its way inside the unit.
POWERED BY CR-2032 BUTTON TYPE BATTERIES
Each unit is powered by 2 CR-2032 button type batteries and may last up to 2 months of use on average.
DUAL COLOURED LED STATUS LIGHT
The dual coloured LED light lets you know of certain functions of the unit. Check the Owner’s Manual for more details.
PetSafe Ultrasonic Indoor Bark Control Twin Pack Owner's Manual
How does it function?
The interior microphone inside the PetSafe Ultrasonic Indoor Bark Control will detect the barks of the dogs within the range. It will automatically release ultrasonic sound that can be heard only be the dog and not audible to people. The dog will stop barking when they are startled by the high-pitched tone. In time the dog will associate its bark with this unpleasant noise. When the dog stops to bark, the ultrasonic will stop to emit sound as well. Very effective and can reach up to 8 meters.
Note: This product may not be effective to hearing impaired dogs.
Microphone: Located at the interior of the unit that detects the barking of the dogs.
Two-Colour LED: A light indicator that determines the unit is on and can indicate the battery status of the Indoor Bark Control.
On/Off Switch button: Switch the Indoor Bark Control on (|) and off (O).
Speaker: Activated when the microphone captures the barks of the dogs and release ultrasonic sound.
Battery Tray: The case where the 3-Volt lithium CR2032 batteries is being placed.
Mounting Strip Area: Included a Provision for wall mounting for Mounting Strips.
How to Insert and Remove the Batteries
Note: Make sure that the Indoor Bark Control is off before installing or removing the battery.
1. Slide the Battery Tray out while holding the grooved edges (A).
2. Put in two (2), 3-Volt (CR2032) batteries positive (+) side up (B).
3. Slide the Battery Tray back in its proper place (C).
To make sure that the batteries are inserted correctly:
1. Switch the On/Off button to (|) ON (D).
2. A beep sound from the LED green light and then the green will flash 5 times.
3. It will not flash if the batteries are not inserted correctly. Try to check the batteries and invert it.
4. Get in touch with the Customer Care Centre for replacement batteries (3-Volt, CR2032) can be found at many retailers if the LED still does not flash. Call the Customer Care Centre or check our website at www.petsafe.net for a list of ordinary retailers.
WARNING! If the battery is being replaced with an incorrect type may be in danger of battery explosion.
Make sure that the battery will not go short circuit, mixing the old and new batteries, disposing in fire, or exposing with water. Protect the batteries that it will not be short circuit. Batteries must be disposed properly. 2 months is the average battery life depending on how often your dog barks. On the first usage of the Bark Control to your dogs, the battery may not last that long., You can conserve the battery life by turning it off if not in use.
While the Unit is On
A green LED flashes only once and an audible beep, after the green LED flashes once every 5 seconds
While emitting ultrasonic sound
RED LED Light is on
The Condition of Low battery
Red LED light flashes in every 5 seconds for 3 times
How to Set-up
For the most effective result, the Indoor Bark Control should be installed at the same height as the same height with your dogs. The Self-Adhesive fastener and Loop Mounting Strip because it includes provisions for hanging or can be adhered using it. The Indoor Bark Control can stand on its own. There should be no large obstacles between the unit and on your dog for best results.
In Using the Mounting Strip
1. There is a provision included at the back to adhere the Mounting Strip together in this Indoor Bark Control.
2. The two pieces of the Mounting Strip must gently pull it apart.
3. Peel off the tape from one side of the Mounting Strip after pressing it firmly in place on the back of the Indoor Bark Control.
4. Always clean and dry the surface adhering it to the wall, door frame, etc.
5. Peel off tape from the second side of the Mounting Strip and firmly press in the right place.
6. You may basically press the two Mounting Strips together.
7. The adhesive can reach to maximum strength of 24 hours.
What are the Expectations in Using the Indoor Bark Control?
The Indoor Bark Control must be placed within the range of the dog while the unit is turned on. Nearly all dogs will quickly understand that the bark control is making them relax and stopping them to bark. There would be a great reduction of barks from your dogs after 2 weeks of using the Bark Control that you will notice. There is a chance that this product does not work for dogs with hearing problems. Too much barking will create a bad relationship with your pet and bad reputation to your neighbors. This product cannot be the cure of the excessive barking in some cases. You may visit our website at www.petsafe.net to view other personalized solutions to the problem of excessive barking.
Tips in maintaining the Bark Control
• The Bark Control must be turning it off before playing the device. Your dog bark will associate it to play the ultrasonic tone.
• If the device is not in use, turn it off.
• The Bark Control can be use for dogs 6 months of age or above.
• Speak to your veterinarian or professional dog trainer before using the device if your pet is injured or is impaired from hearing.
• Never leave the Bark Control alone with your dog because they might chew it.
• Attempting to repair the damage of the unit will void the warranty of the product and will cause further damage on the unit.
• Exclusive for indoors only.
•Make certain that the batteries are removed before cleaning.
•Never to use in any kind of spray chemicals or solvent in cleaning the Bark Control. Only use damp cloth.
•Submerging the unit in the water any liquid form will damage it.
Note: This Indoor Bark Control is not waterproof. In the event that the microphone will get wet, you just have to let it dry and will still function properly.
MOST COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED
Is this effective in all dogs in using this Bark Control?
•This unit will not work for dogs that are deaf or has hearing problems.
Is the ultrasonic sound can affect many dogs?
• Yes, as long as the dogs are within the 8 meter range it will affect them.
Is the ultrasonic sound can cause desensitization of a dog?
• Yes, dogs will be desensitized in rare occasion. It can be avoided if it will not use all the time. Just turn it off if not in use.
Is the ultrasonic sound can be heard by people?
•Human ears cannot hear the ultrasonic sound of this product. It may only cause vibration that creates sound to some people.
Is this product can be use outdoor?
• No, it’s exclusive for indoor use only. We have PetSafe® Outdoor Bark Control products that are weatherproof and can work up to 15 meters from a barking dog outside your home. Please go to our website at www.petsafe.net for more information.