PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control - PBC19-11794 | Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent
The PetSafe Outdoor Bark House is your solution for bark control from a distance. You are able to control nuisance barking coming from the neighbors without disturbing them. This emits an Ultrasonic Sound to distract or annoy all dogs within 15m from barking too much. The annoying ultrasonic sound cannot be heard by human ears but is safe for dogs. In time, they will learn that barking for no reason is no longer fun activity but their instinct will still letthem bark if absolutely needed.
What makes the Outdoor Bark Controler so awesome?
- • 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- • Weatherproof – Leave it outside all year round.
- • Works right out of the box. – Hang it outside and turn it on.
- • No Collar Required – Works on all dogs in the area.
- • Safe Ultrasonic Sound – Inaudible to humans and safe for dogs.
- • Discreet Design – Disguised as a birdhouse.
- • Large Coverage Area – Up to 15m of detection and deterrence.
- • Battery Operated – Replaceable Battery for nonstop use.
- • Uses 9v Battery (Not Included) – Can last up to 2 months.
- • LED Battery Indicator – 2 Color LED Light Indicator for battery status.
- • On/Off Switch – So you can conserve battery when not in use.
- • • PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control
- • • Owner’s Manual
Detailing the Benefits of the PetSafe Outdoor Bark House
3 YEAR MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
This product is covered by a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty for any manufacturer defects.
WEATHERPROOF – INTENDED FOR OUTDOOR USE
The PetSafe Outdoor Bark House is completely weatherproof for outdoor use. You can leave it outside all year round.
WORKS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX
To use this Outdoor Bark House, simply place the battery inside, turn it on and hang it outside. No complicated settings to set or any dog receiver collar required. It works the same for all dogs within the maximum 15m area.
SAFE ULTRASONIC DETERRENCE
The ultrasonic sound that this bark control unit emits is totally safe for dogs and is inaudible to humans. The sound activates when they bark and stops when they stop barking. The sound will irritate them and they will learn to associate the sound with excessive barking which in turn, reduce or completely eliminate nuisance barking.
Dogs will still be able to bark when needed when their instinct takes over. The ultrasonic sound is high enough to control nuisance barking but low enough to let them bark during emergencies.
DISCREET BIRDHOUSE DESIGN
The unit is designed to look like a birdhouse to divert attention away from it as well as for the purpose of decoration for your yard.
LARGE COVERAGE AREA – UP TO 15M
The PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control is able to detect and emit the ultrasonic sound at a distance of up to 15m. It has 4 levels of operation so you can choose between Test, Low, which works up to 4.5m, Medium for up to 9m and High for up to 15m.
BATTERY OPERATED WITH LED BATTERY STATUS INDICATOR
This uses a 9v battery which can last up to 2 months of use. The battery is completely replaceable so you won’t have to take the bark house down to charge which isn’t good for training. Simply determine the battery level with the LED Indicator light and change the battery if needed. The unit also has an On/Off switch so you can conserve battery when not in use.
PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control PBC19-11794 Review Unboxing
PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control | Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent Fact Sheet
Outdoor Bark Deterrence System
Easy Setup – No Complicated Programming
Safe Ultrasonic Deterrence
Up to 15m Coverage Area
3 YEAR MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
This PetSafe Outdoor Bark House is covered by manufacturer’s warranty for 3 years.
WEATHERPROOF – DESIGNED FOR OUTDOOR USE
Leave it outside for continued use. It’s designed to be completely weatherproof to survive the Australian
weather all year round.
EASY SETUP – WORKS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX
The PetSafe Outdoor Bark House doesn’t need any complicated programming or settings to tweak.
Simply slap on some batteries, turn it on and it’s ready to go.
SAFE ULTRASONIC DETERRENCE
The irritating ultrasonic sound is inaudible to humans but is very safe for
dogs. It activates when the unit detects a bark within the monitored area
and stops when the dog stops barking Note: Dogs will still be able to bark
when needed. Their instincts are stronger than the deterrence this device
offers so they can bark during emergencies.
DECORATIVE BIRDHOUSE DESIGN
With a decorative birdhouse design, this unit can be hung outside without
having to cover it up. It looks good and has proven itself to be effective.
UP TO 15M COVERAGE AREA
The PetSafe Outdoor Bark House has 4 levels of operation. Choose between
Test, Low(Up to 4.5m), Medium(Up to 9m) and High for up to 15m of
coverage. It will detect barks and emit the ultrasonic sound at the distance
BATTERY OPERATED WITH LED BATTERY STATUS INDICATOR
A replaceable 9v Alkaline Battery powers this Outdoor Bark House for up to 2 months of use. Determine
the battery level with the LED Indicator Light and turn the unit on/off to conserve battery.
Outdoor Bark House Manual
• To put off unwanted barking it uses ultrasonic sound
• With the use of an internal microphone, it can detect barks up to 50 feet
• A test mode with 4 levels of operation
• For outdoor use because it is durable and weatherproof
The Usage of the Outdoor Bark Control
• Will stop the dog from barking
• Will stop your neighbors’ barking dog
• Will train puppies not to bark
• Will discourage barking dogs on camping trips
How the PetSafe® Outdoor Bark Control Operates
The Outdoor Bark Control has an internal microphone that pick up the barking within the range of a barking dog, picks up the sound and the unit activates automatically. The PetSafe® Outdoor Bark Control released an ultrasonic sound. The ultrasonic sound can only be heard by dogs but is not audible to humans. Because of the high-pitched sound that is safe and effective, it will startle the dog and stop barking; with this unpleasant noise from Bark Control it will associate its bark. The ultrasonic sound will stop when the dog stops barking. The PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control you can choose 3 sensitivity levels from that indicate what barking level activates the unit and a test mode. It still effective up to 50 feet Note: Outdoor Bark Control cannot control dog is deaf or hearing impaired.
Caution: Precautions should be taken when using the Outdoor Bark Control it even humans cannot hear the ultrasonic sound
• If a dog begins barking while you are setting up, mounting or hanging the Outdoor Bark Control, just keep at arm’s length away from the human ear to avoid hearing damage.
• Humans do not stand very close to the Outdoor Bark Control when it is on.
• Should not be played by children.
• Never attempt to use it for any reason not described in this manual. This device is intended for use only in stopping the dog from barking.
• Solely for outdoor use only.
Definitions of Terms:
Two Colors LED: Light Emitting Diodes indicates the good or low battery.
Microphone: Used to pick up the barking.
Speaker that Sound Activated: It releases the ultrasonic sound.
4 Levels of Operation Switch:
Off - Used in conserving battery life
Test - Used to check if the microphone and speaker are fully functional
Low level Sensitivity - 15 feet short range recognition
Medium level Sensitivity - 30 feet medium range bark recognition
High level Sensitivity - 50 feet long range bark detection
Metal Hanger: Use for hanging the Outdoor Bark Control
Provisions for Mounting: A guide to use in attaching to or fix the Outdoor Bark on a tree, post, etc.
Battery Door: Used to enclose the Battery
Setting up and installing the Bark Control
The PetSafe® Outdoor Bark Control must be placed facing the dog and within range of the dog. The unit is designed with provisions for hanging or mounting and should be positioned within 5 feet from the ground. The Outdoor Bark Control can stand on its own. It can be hooked on a tree, or hanging from a pole, or even on a fence post, etc. The area between the Outdoor Bark Control and the dog should be free of any large obstacles for best results.
Inserting and Removing the Battery
1. The PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control uses a disposable 9-volt battery (is not included). The battery door is on the back of the unit. Open the battery door by pulling the door.
2. In the positive side oriented as shown insert the 9-volt battery.
3. By positioning the top edge, replace the battery door, and snap the bottom of battery door into place.
Life of the Battery
Average life of the battery is 2 months, will depend on how often the dog barks. In conserving battery life, turn it “OFF” when the Outdoor Bark Control if not use.
LED Two Colored
The two color LED indicator shows the status of the battery if it still good or low. If it is 1 flash every 5 seconds with Green LED, then it is good battery. With the Red LED in 3 flashes every 5 seconds indicates a low battery. If there are no LED lights at all, then it is time to change the battery. The Red LED is solid when releasing the ultrasonic sound. In a test mode, it will flash the Red LED if battery is low.
• Must begin in using the Outdoor Bark Control on Low Sensitivity and only increase to Medium Sensitivity if the dog does not respond.
• If no response from the dog into Medium Sensitivity, increase the intensity to High Sensitivity.
• Switch to the TEST Mode to check if that your Outdoor Bark Control is properly working. Do not use the TEST Mode for any normal operation. Check the “To Test the Outdoor Bark Control.”
What are the expectations?
While using the Outdoor Bark Control Place the PetSafe®, the Outdoor Bark Control should be within range of the dog when switching to Low, Medium or High Sensitivity. Most dogs will quickly understand that the Outdoor Bark Control is disrupting the urge for them to bark and make them relax and will stop barking. You see a reduction in the dog’s barking that the Outdoor Bark Control Within the first two weeks is in use. This product may not work on a deaf or hearing impaired dogs note this. Nuisance barking can cause a real strain on your relationship with your pet and cause disruptions in your neighborhood. Some situations that this product may not be as effective as it can be. Please visit www.petsafe.net to view other tailored solutions to the difficulty of too much barking.
• Before cleaning battery, first it must be removed.
• Clean using a damp cloth the PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control.
• No use of spray chemicals or solvent in cleaning it.
• Never submerge in water or any other liquid.
Note: The Outdoor Bark Control is completely weatherproof. Though, if water enters into the microphone it may disrupt the unit’s operation. It will resume working properly after the microphone is dry.
Testing the Outdoor Bark Control
1. Put it on the Mode Switch to TEST.
2. The product should be arms length away from your mouth. Hold it with the Indicator Light facing you.
3. Say “Woof” loudly towards the Microphone to trigger the unit.
4. The LED light will flash red with audible sound to indicate that it is functioning properly
5. Make sure that the battery is installed properly and/or substitute the battery if the indicator light is off and no audible sound. If no flash from the Light indicator, call the Customer Care Center at 1-800-732-2677.
6. Place back the Mode Switch to Low Sensitivity before you begin using the Outdoor Bark Control. Note: The TEST Mode is not intended for normal operation. If the Outdoor Bark Control is left in TEST Mode, it can send false signals and may reduce battery life. And to purchase additional accessories accessories for your PetSafe® Outdoor Bark Control, call the Customer Care Center at 1-800-732-2677 or visit our website at www.petsafe.net to locate a retailer near you.
Most Common Questions Asked:
How long the range is the PetSafe® Outdoor Bark Control can detect? It can detect barking and sends ultrasonic sound reaching 50feet.
Is it effective on all dogs with this Outdoor Bark Control? It will not work for deaf or hearing impaired dogs.
Is the Outdoor Bark Control will work for numerous dogs? As long as the dogs are within range of the Outdoor Bark Control it will be effective to them.
Can this Outdoor Bark Control be use indoors? No, this product cannot be use indoors. Another product which is the PetSafe PBC-1000 that is applicable indoors. For additional information, please go to our website at www.petsafe.net or call our customer care center at 1-800-732-2677.
Will my dog become desensitized with the ultrasonic sound? There are several situations that the dogs may become desensitize. In avoiding these situations, only use the Outdoor Bark Control with duration periods of unwanted barking (like leave it off when you are away).
How to fix it?
When the green LED light is not flashing and no red light also.
• Make sure that the is battery properly installed
• Change the battery if necessary.
• Green LED light doesn’t flash, call the Customer Care Center at 1-800-732-2677