New PetSafe Rechargeable Bark Collar
This PetSafe Rechargeable Bark Collar is designed with a unique sensor which ensures accurate bark detection and correction. It also features temperament learning to ensure your dog’s effective and safe bark controls.
It works with 15 levels of progressive static stimulation and starts at the lowest level. If your dog will go into a barking frenzy, the collar will automatically progress to the next higher level of stimulation until your dog stops barking. Don’t worry. This bark collar has a built-in safety feature - if your dog barks for 15 consecutive times within 1 minute & 20 seconds time frame, the bark control collar will automatically shut off for 3 minutes and restarts by itself.
What’s new with the Big Dog Bark Collar?
- • 15 Static Stimulation Mode
- • 3 Year PetSafe Warranty
- • Waterproof and Fully Submersible
- • Temperament Learning Technology
- • Perfect Bark Technology Patented
- • Rechargeable – Long Life Battery (Up to 6 months)
- • Digital Display for Battery Status and Current Mode
- • Good for Dogs Weighing 3.6 kg and Up
- • Adjustable Collar Strap (with waterproof coating)
Rechargeable Bark Collar Package Includes:
- • Dog Rechargeable Collar - PBC17-16000
- • Charger Kit
- • Adjustable Collar Strap
- • Contact Probes to suit your dog
- • Owner’s Manual
- • Step by Step Training Guide
The New PetSafe Rechargeable Dog Barking Collar in details...
15 Levels of Progressive Stimulation Correction
This feature of PetSafe’s Rechargeable Bark Control Collar gives you flexibility in controlling your dog’s nuisance barking. Besides from letting you match the stimulation level to your dog’s sensitivity, it also gives you ease whether you got a timid dog or a strong-willed one. So the static stimulation starts at the lowest level. If your dog will go into a barking frenzy, the collar will automatically progress to the next higher level of stimulation until the barking stops. This has been proven to reduce nuisance barking by 95%.
• Temperament Learning Level– This will track the number of stimulations that are needed to reduce or stop the number of nuisance barking of your dog. Starting at the lowest static level and increases the level after each successive bark until your dog will stop barking..
• Progressive Correction Level – This is an automatic feature that the intensity level of static stimulation will automatically rises for each continues bark and the bark control collar resets to level 0 after 30 seconds of no barks.
3 YEAR PETSAFE WARRANTY
The New Rechargeable Bark Control Collar is covered by a PetSafe warranty for 3 years.
WATERPROOF AND FULLY SUBMERSIBLE BARK COLLAR
With this bark collar, you can bring your dog to the beach or let him play in the pool while wearing the collar - this bark control device, including the collar strap, is manufactured to withstand water-risks. So you don’t have to restrict your water-loving furry friend from submerging into water.
PATENTED PERFECT BARK TECHNOLOGY for Accurate Bark Detection and Correction
Rechargeable Bark Control Collar is designed with a unique sensor which ensures accurate bark detection and correction. The safety sensor is placed near the contact points of your dog’s bark control collar - it detects your dog’s bark sound PLUS the vibration through your dog’s vocal cords before it activates the stimulation. Thus, ensuring your dog will not get zapped for the wrong reasons.
RECHARGEABLE – LONG LIFE BATTERY (UP TO 6 MONTHS - Between Charges)
The long life battery can last between 3 to 6 months depending on frequency of use and level of correction. The package includes a charger kit which will let you charge the bark control collar, saving you money. The battery can be charge up in full within 4 to 5 hours. The battery is built-in and non-replaceable.
DIGITAL DISPLAY FOR BATTERY STATUS AND SELECTED MODE
The digital display on the collar indicates battery level and the current mode it is set to. It also shows the level of correction when you’re using the User-Selected Correction Mode.
PetSafe Rechargeable Bark Collar Fact Sheet
With Smart Learning Mode
State of the Art Tech!
Up to 6 Months Rechargeable Battery Life!
Automatic Progressive Correction Mode
SMART TEMPERAMENT LEARNING MODE
The Temperament Learning Mode is a smart feature that learns your dog’s barking habit and adjusts the
levels accordingly. It remembers what level it used to stop your dog from barking and starts at that level
when your dog barks again and gradually decreases the level if its effective.
PROGRESSIVE CORRECTION MODE – AUTOMATIC MODE
If you don’t want to complicate the process, set it to progressive and it will automatically increase the
level as your dog barks and goes back to the lowest level after 30 seconds of no barking.
USER-SELECTED MODE – MANUAL MODE
For certain training techniques, a manual setting is better. Start at
the lowest level and find the best stimulation level that your dog
responds to. Keep in mind that it’s meant to control barking, not
totally stop it.
PATENTED PERFECT BARK TECHNOLOGY – DUAL ACTIVATION
Detects barks accurately by requiring both sound and vibration from
your dog’s vocal cords before it delivers stimulation.
FULLY WATERPROOF – COMPLETELY SUBMERSIBLE
Don’t worry if your dog likes to splash around in puddles or when
you’re watering your garden. The PetSafe Big Dog Rechargeable Bark
Collar is completely waterproof and submersible.
RECHARGEABLE – UP TO 6 MONTHS OF ON TIME
With up to 6 months of use on a single charge, you won’t need to
worry about constant charging every few days. The PetSafe Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Collar uses only
the finest quality Lithium-Ion Battery.
BATTERY STATUS AND STIMULATION MODE – DIGITAL DISPLAY
Determine your battery level, stimulation mode and stimulation level (user-selected mode) with the
digital display on the PetSafe Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Collar.
PetSafe Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Control Collar Manual
: 15 Progressive Levels of Static Correction
: 2 correction levels to fit your dog’s personality
: Rechargeable battery and LED Digital Monitor
: Patented with Perfect BarkTM technology to avoid false correction
: Submersible and Full Waterproof
How the New PetSafe® Rechargeable Bark Control Collar Works
The PetSafe® Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Control Collar uses several features designed to shorten the training phase and promote good behavior.
First, the Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Control Collar has a unique patented sensor that provides the most reliable bark detection available. The Bark Control Collar uses both vibration and sound sensors (dual-detection) to discriminate each bark from other external noises. A static correction is administered through the Contact Points only if both the vibration from the vocal chords and the sound from the bark match the same criteria.
Digital Display: Displays the current correction mode based on light color(s) and the numeric indicator. Also indicates the condition of the battery.
Settings Button: Fixes the amount as well as the correction style your dog receives when barking. Also used to turn the Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Control Collar on and off.
Contact Points: Deliver the static correction.
Vibration Sensor Probe: Detects the vibrations of your dog’s barking.
Charging Jack: For connecting the charging adapter. Although the bark control unit is waterproof, keep the cover in place when not charging to keep debris out of the opening.
Sound-Activated Sensor: Detects your dog’s bark.
Charging the Bark Control Collar
Before using the PetSafe® Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Control Collar for the first time, be sure to charge the unit by following the steps described below.
Follow these steps to charge the battery:
1. Lift the rubber cover protecting the Charging Jack.
2. Connect the charger connector to the Charging Jack.
3. Plug the charger into a regular wall outlet. The display light will flash the sequence Green-Blue-Red to indicate that charging has started.
4. During charging, keep the Bark Control Collar in an open, well-ventilated place. The display light will flash red twice every 10 seconds to indicate that charging is active.
5. The charger will shut off, preventing overcharging when charging is complete. The display light will flash green twice every 10 seconds to indicate that charging is complete. Note: The battery should fully charge in less than 4 hours.
6. Remove the charger from the Charging Jack. The light will flash the sequence Red-Blue-Green to indicate the unit is no longer charging.
7. Replace the Charging Jack cover and unplug the battery charger when charging is complete. The Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Control Collar will automatically turn off when the battery charger is connected. Following a charge, turn the unit back on before using.
Note: When the unit indicates that the battery is low (battery icon on the display indicates 1 bar or less and/or the light flashes red 3 times every 5 seconds) it is time to recharge the unit. If the battery pack is very low (i.e. been used too long or stored for an extended period of time) it may take some time for the unit to indicate that charging has started. If the unit does not indicate that it is charging after 1 hour, please contact our Customer Care Center.
Typical battery life is according to how frequently your dog barks. However, due to greater use during your dog’s training, your first battery charge may not last as long. To preserve battery life, when not in use, turn off the Bark Control Collar.
Fit the Bark Control Collar
Important: The proper fit and placement of your Bark Control Collar is important for effective operation. The Contact Points should have direct contact by means of your dog's skin on the bottom of his neck.
To ensure an effective fit, please follow these measures:
1. Make sure the Bark Control unit is off.
2. Have your dog standing comfortably (A).
3. Place the Bark Control Collar on your dog’s neck close to the ears. Center the Contact Points underneath your dog’s neck, touching the skin (B).
Note: It's occasionally required to trim the hair round the Contact Points to ensure that contact is not inconsistent.
CAUTION: Don't shave the pet's neck as the risk of skin discomfort may increase.
4. Check the tightness of the Bark Control Collar by inserting one finger between a Contact Point and the dog’s neck (C). The fit must be snug but not constricting.
5. Enable your pet to wear the collar for a number of minutes, then recheck the fit. Check the fit again as your dog becomes more comfortable with the Bark Control Collar.
Choose Between Three Bark Control Settings
The Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Control Collar has three bark control settings that allow you to choose how corrections are delivered. The modes are indicated on the digital display by light color(s) and the numeric indicator.
1. The patent pending Temperament Learning mode tracks the number of corrections needed to substantially reduce (and in most cases eliminate) the number of nuisance barks. The system provides 10 levels of static correction. It begins with a low-level correction (Level 0). But if excessive barking continues, the correction strength will increase until the barking stops with each successive bark (to a maximum of Level 9) until the barking stops. This correction level becomes the starting level the next time the dog barks. Once your dog has learned to reduce his barking, the initial warning corrections are automatically reduced.
2. The Progressive Correction mode starts at the lowest level (Level 0) and progresses to the next level (to a maximum of Level 9) each time your dog barks within 30 seconds of the previous bark. If your dog does not bark again within 30 seconds, the correction level will automatically reset to Level 0.
3. The User-Selected Correction mode allows you to manually select the correction level (0-9). Note: In User-Selected mode, always start training at the lowest level of correction (Level 0). Watch how your dog reacts, and if necessary, progress to the next correction level.
Note: As a built-in safety feature, if your dog barks 15 times or more within an 80 second period, the Bark Control Collar will automatically shut off for 3 minutes. This safety feature is active in all three styles of operation.
Note: The correction amount is automatically reset to Level 0 when the operating mode is altered.
The Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Control has a single Settings Button that allows you to turn the unit on and off, display or change the current correction mode, and change the correction level. The following table describes how to perform the different tasks.
Steps to perform
Turn the unit on
Press and release the settings button while the unit is off.
The light will flash green five times and then display the current correction mode as described on previous page.
Turn the unit off
Press the settings button until the display goes blank and the red light appears. Release the button.*
The light will flash red four times and the unit will turn off.
Display current correction mode
Press and hold the settings button for less than 2 seconds before releasing it.
The unit will display the current correction mode and battery condition, as described on previous page,.
Change active correction mode
1. Press and hold the settings button for at least 5 seconds.
2. Continue to hold the settings button to advance to the next available mode.
3. When the desired mode is displayed, release the button.
4. Once the button has been released for 5 seconds, the new correction mode will activate.
5. If the settings button is released too early, simply press it again within 5 seconds.
: Mode will advance and be displayed as described on previous page.
: Every 2 seconds the mode will advance and be displayed.
: The selected mode will be displayed during this time.
: The display will flash four times and the unit will resume normal operation using the new correction mode.**
: The mode will advance and continue as described in Step 2.
* If you continue to hold the settings button for more than 5 seconds, you will begin changing the correction mode. The settings button must be released by you before trying to switch the unit off.
** The light will flash every five seconds to indicate the current mode.
What to Expect During Use of the Bark Control Collar
Important: Do not leave your dog alone the first few times he receives a correction.
Put the Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Control Collar correctly on your own pet until he barks and wait nearby. Most dogs will realize quite quickly that their impulse to bark is being disrupted by the Bark Control Collar and will relax and quit barking. As the static correction in the Bark Control Collar might be startling or astonishing in the beginning, some dogs may bark at the initial correction.
On infrequent occasions, a dog may enter a bark-correction-bark-correction cycle. If this happens, reassure your dog with calm, soothing tones. Your dog will realize that if he becomes quiet, no more inactive corrections will be received by him, as he relaxes. The small minority of dogs that have this reaction will only have it the first time they wear the Bark Control Collar.
You need to notice a decrease in your dog's barking within the very first few days that the Bark Control Collar is worn by him. Now, it is necessary to keep in mind the learning procedure remains incomplete. Dogs will "examine" this new learning experience as well as increases their efforts to bark. This typically happens through the next week the Bark Control Collar is worn by a dog. When it really does happen, don't change your usage and stay consistent. You must place the Bark Control Collar on your dog in every situation when you expect him to be quiet. If your dog is not wearing the Bark Control Collar, he may resume barking and his learning would suffer a setback.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will another dog’s bark set off the Bark Control Collar?
: No. It includes dual detection which eliminates false corrections.
Will the Bark Control Collar work for my dog?
: The Bark Control Collar is safe and effective for most breeds and sizes of dogs. However, the Big Dog Rechargeable Bark Control Collar is recommended for dogs 40+ lbs.
Can I attach a leash to the Bark Control Collar?
: No. This can result in pulling the Contact Points too tightly against your dog’s neck. Attach a leash to a separate, non-metallic collar or a harness, making sure the extra collar does not put pressure on the Contact Points.
My dog keeps barking (does not respond to the static correction).
: Tighten the Bark Control Collar and/or trim your dog’s hair where the Contact Points touch his neck to ensure good skin contact.
: Charge the battery.
: If your dog still does not respond, contact the Customer Care Center.
The Display light(s) stopped flashing.
: Ensure that the unit is turned on.
: Fully charge the battery.
: If the Display light(s) still do not flash, contact the Customer Care Center.