PetSafe Spray Dog Training Collar Fact Sheet
3 Years PetSafe Warratny
300 Metres of Signal Coverage
Scented or Unscented Spray Action
15 TRAINING LEVELS and TONE ONLY - VIBRATION ONLY BUTTONS
The PetSafe 300 m Spray Dog Remote Training Collar uses Scented or Unscented spray that you can choose whichever the most effective dog training method for your dogs. It can reach up to 300 meters away also a rechargeable and water resistant remote trainer
RECHARGEABLE and WATER RESISTANT DOG TRAINING COLLAR AND REMOTE CONTROL
Both the Hand-held Remote and the Dog Training Collar from PetSafe Spray Remote Trainers are rechargeable and are water resistant. Please do not let the units submerged to water to avoid damages.
BEST FOR SMALL TO LARGE DOGS
The PetSafe Spray 300m Dog Training Collar - is designed for Small to Big size dogs that weights 3.6 kgs and up..
COVERS UP TO 300 METRES TRAINING RANGE
Get your big dog's attention back to you with this easy recall or correct your dog's aggressiveness within 300 metres off lead .
PETSAFE 3 YEARS WARRANTY
The Standard Dog Remote Trainer is covered by PetSafe 3 Years.
PetSafe Spray Dog Remote PDT00-16395 Trainer Manual
How the 300m Remote System Works
The PetSafe Standard Remote Trainer is designed to help you and your dog the best memories together and be companions for each other. It will give your pet the freedom to run and play while keeping them from getting hurt or other people and properties.
- • Coverage up to 300 meters signal range
- • Spray of either Scented/Citronella or Unscented stimulation
- • Reward or Recall Button - Tone Only Option
- • Vibration Only button for Mild Reminder
- • Water-resistant and Rechargeable Dog Receiver Collar and Remote Control
Remote Control Display Screen Icons in Key Definitions
T Tone Symbol: this symbol means that the electric remote transmitter is delivering a tone stimulation with non-adjustable volume to the receiver dog training collar.
V Vibration Symbol: The hand-held remote is delivering 1 non-adjustable level of vibration stimulation to remote training electric collar.
S Static Symbol: The Remote Control is delivering Spray correction. Adjuster button to the dog training receiver collar.Battery Life Indicator: Showing the battery status of the hand held remote control.
Operating Guide for PetSafe 300m Spray Dog Remote Trainer
STEP 1: How to fit Dog Training Collar to your Pets
Important: Effective training would depend on the proper fitting and placement of the remote dog training collar. Either the long or short probes must have direct contact to the skin of your dog on the underside of it's neck so the stimulation will be delivered properly.
Follow these necessary steps for proper fitting
1. Switched off the dog training collar
2. Let your dog to stand comfortably
3. Place the dog training collar on your dog's neck with the PetSafe® logo is right side up and directly under chin of your dog. Make sure that the Spray opening is under the nose of your dog, it without any hair/fur blocking the path.
4. Recheck the fit after a few minutes of wearing the dog training collar. Once your dog is comfortable, recheck the fit of the receiver dog collar again.
5. Measure the necessary length needed for dog training collar strap like this:
6. By using a pen, mark the desired length in the strap. Give some allowance or room for growth if your dog is a pup or have thick and long coat. Remote the dog training collar off rom your dog and cut off the excess part using a scissors. Make sure to fray the edge of the cut part with flame so the edge of it is seald.
Caution - Never SHAVE OFF the thick coat of your dog's neck area to avoid skin sores. Just cut off some hair where the contact points is set. Make sure to clean and take off the dog training collar 12 hours of 24 hours period to give some breathing time to avoid skin irritations.
STEP 2: How to charge the Remote Control and Dog Training Collar
Over charging the units will shorten the battery life. It is not recommendable to charge it daily. Charge the units if only Low Battery indication is showing.
1. Lift the rubber cover protecting the units charging jack and insert he charger.
2. The red LED will appear in the screen and in the collar
once you plug in the charging adaptor into a standard voltage electrical wall outlet.
3. The green LED indicates the battery is fully charged and batteries charging time only takes 5 hours..
4. Put back the rubber cover after the fully charged
To Switch On the Spray Collar
1. Press and hold the on/off button until the dog training collar beeps low to high and the green LED light appears and then release.
Quick Tip: The Remote Control is always on and will only display if any button is pressed.
To Switch Off the Training Collar
1. Press and hold the on/off button until the training collar beeps high to low, and then release. The red LED in turning off the collar.
Quick Tip: To save the battery life, turn off the collar when not in use.
1. It is required to fully charge the electronic dog training collar putting it on your dog for 5 hours.
2. To avoid damaging the batteries, be reminded to fully charge it once every 4 to 6 weeks if you store it
3. Only charge the units if a low battery indicator is showing.
4. Do not open the electric training collar if the unit is not charging or if think is deffected. Instead, contact our Customer Care Center - 1-300-843-364.
The Dog Training Guidelines
Stimulation Methods Available
- • PetSafe Standard Remote Trainer uses 1 Tone Only, 1 Vibration Only, and Spray stimulation for best training.
- • Easily choose the stimulation needed to match on your dogs personality and temperament.
- • Safe Vibration Only button stimulation
- • Water-resitant Dog Receiver Collar and Remote Control
- • The LITE DOG Tone Only stimulation can be a warning indicator for your dog before vibration or static stimulation is given to stop unwanted behaviors.
- • This way, you can choose the stimulation type that is best suited for your dogs personality and temperament.
- • The tone volume is not adjustable.
- • Perfect for reinforcing positive behaviors, rewards and recalls.
- • Never mixed up the stimulation you are using in giving rewards and in correcting bad behavior of your dog to avoid confusions..
Safe Vibration Only Stimulation
- • The Smart DOG Trainer by PetSafe only uses 1 level of vibration stimulation that cannot be adjusted.
- • Best to use in distracting and warning the dog's bad behaviour
- • Very good to use on sensitive dogs.
Remote Dog Training General Recommendations
Basic Training - Train your little puppy once you brought it home. Easily be trained for puppies more than 3 months old.
The remote dog training system is best to use for dogs that are stubborn and will not listen to your commands. This help you to reinforce positive behaviours and correcting bad behavior such us digging up the yard, chasing chickens, jumping on people and pulling leads.
Train your dog with one command until your dog learns the behavior you want him to do..
Let your dog play and run while wearing the collar. In that way, he will not suspect that he is not being punished using the collar but because of his bad behavior.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Spray Stimulation safe for your Pet?
● The dog training collar is safe and harmless to your pet while the spray and scent will annoy them.
How old does my pet needs to before using the collar?
● This receiver collar is recommendable to be used for the pets on 3 months old and above to learn the basic obedience command such as “Sit” or “Stay” before using the collar. The training collar may be too large for dogs under 18 kg.
Do my dogs needs to continue wearing the collar even it is doing well?
● To avoid your dog getting back to its old habit, your dog needs to wear the collar from time to time.
Are the Remote Dog Trainer waterproof?
How long should I give continuous stimulation to my dog?
● Only up to 10 seconds can deliver stimulation to your pet. The system will time-out after 10 seconds and you must pressed and released the continuous stimulation button again.